Richard 'Chille' Man's non-alcoholic cocktail for between-season days
This fruity Collins-style drink is made with a low-alcohol aperitif and sweet cherry tomatoes.
“I made this low alcoholic drink with both summer and autumn flavours like elderflower, Ingrid Marie apples and tomatoes. The non-alcoholic beer creates a bridge between the aromatic and umami flavours and makes the drink delicate and approachable.”
What you need
20ml St. Germain elderflower liqueur 30ml Tio Pepe fino 30ml Ingrid Marie apple juice 10ml Fresh lemon juice 40ml Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc (Non-alcoholic) 1 pc Large cherry tomato
“If you grow tomatoes in a greenhouse, you grow them really fast and they don’t get enough sun. But tomatoes need a lot of sun to taste really sweet. It’s why when tomatoes are in season, they taste like a sweet fruit with less acidity. If you want to make a similar drink in the winter, it won’t taste the same."
How to make it
Serve in a small highball glass and garnish with a dried apple chip.
- Use a muddler to press the tomato against the side of the shaker
- Add all the ingredients besides the beer
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes and shake for five seconds
- Add the beer to the glass
- Fine strain the drink into the glass
- Fill the glass with ice cubes and garnish with a dried apple chip
- Done! Pair it with: Aperitivo nibbles like charcuterie, cheese, and olives.
Words by Sophie Miskiw. Photography by Johan Ståhlberg.