A perfect pre-dinner cocktail to pair with cheese, charcuterie, and olives. Inspired by nature in the north of Sweden. Beautiful, natural, and melancholic all at the same time.
“I wanted to create a cocktail which represents the four seasons we have in the North of Sweden. Very cold winters with snow, the spring when everything comes back to life, neverending sunlight in the summer, and the colorful fall. Working harmoniously together, like a perfect cocktail.”
- Drink creator Richard ‘Chille’ Man
This cocktail can be made with or without alcohol. Scroll down for the recipe with alcohol.
30ml Carlbaum’s Sthlm Dry (or another good quality alcohol-free gin) 50ml Apple verjus (from Sandberg Drinks Lab or another high acidity apple juice) 5ml Liquid honey (equivalent to one bar spoon) 10cm Celery (chopped) 50ml Copenhagen Sparkling Tea BLÅ (or premium tonic water of your choice) 4-5 Drops of spruce shoot oil from Högtorp Gård
30ml Hellström dry gin (or another dry gin of your choice) 20ml Brännlands Iscider Claim 2017 (or any high acidity ice cider) 30ml Apple verjus (from Sandberg Drinks Lab or another high acidity apple juice) 5ml Liquid honey (equivalent to one bar spoon) 10cm Celery (chopped) 50ml Copenhagen Sparkling Tea BLÅ (or premium tonic water of your choice) 4-5 Drops of spruce shoot from Högtorp Gård Serve in an Orrefors More Coupe
How to make it
- Use a muddler to smash and mix the celery, then add all the ingredients apart from the sparkling tea and spruce shoot oil
- Stir and dissolve the honey
- Add ice cubes and shake, then fine strain into a coupe glass
- Add the sparkling tea and garnish with a large ice cube or sphere
- Add 4-5 drops of spruce shoot from Högtorp Gård